Different procedural steps for obtaining a patent in Pakistan include:
- Filing the Application (Provisional or Non Provisional)
- The prescribed government fee payment
- Filing the Complete Specification if application was a Provisional Specification
- Examination and Acceptance of application by the Patent Office
- Overcoming Opposition, if any, to the grant of patent
- Sealing the patent
Once an application for the grant of a patent is filed, it is examined with respect to compliance with the formalities and patentability provided for under the patent law, including novelty, inventiveness and industrial application.
In case of rejection, the applicant has the right to appeal to the High Court within 90 days from the date of receiving the notification of rejection.
Accepted applications are published in the Official Gazette and any interested party has the right to appeal to the Controller of Opposition within 120 days as of the date of publication in the Official Gazette.
Intellectual Property Logium provides complete services for the registration of Patent in Pakistan and assists every stage of the procedure of registration of a patent in Pakistan.