Following is the registration procedure for the Copyright in India:
- Application for registration
- Separate applications should be made for registration of each work
- Each application should be accompanied by the requisite fee
- The applications should be signed by the applicant or the advocate in whose favor a Vakalatnama or Power of Attorney has been executed.
- Make the payment through Internet Payment gateway
- Submission. After successful submission Diary Number will be generated “Acknowledgement Slip” and “Copyright Registration Report” is issued which need to be printed and send by post to Copyright Division India.
In India both published and unpublished works can be registered. Computer softwares can be registered under copyrights. The website can also be protected under copyright protection.
Intellectual Property Logium provides the following services for the protection of copyright in India:
- Copyright Search
- Copyright Applying and Filing
- Copyright Registration
- Copyright Opposition
- Responding to Office Actions and Objections
- Copyright Infringements
- Copyright Advisory and Opinion