A Patent is a legal right for an invention granted by the government for a limited period of time to the inventor and it excludes others, from making, using, selling, importing the patented product or process without his consent.
Patent protection is territorial right and therefore it is effective only within the territory of India. For international registration the applicant has to file separate application in each country or file a PCT for international application but that too depends on each country’s decision for the grant of patent.
A patent application can be filed either with complete specification or with provisional specification. If the application is filed with provisional specification, then one has to file complete specification within 12 months from the date of filing of the application. After the expiry of time there is no extension of time to file complete specification.
In India for a product being able to be registered as patent it must be:
- It should be novel.
- It should have inventive step or it must be non-obvious
- It should be capable of Industrial application.
- It should not fall within the provisions of section 3 and 4 of the Indian Patents Act 1970.
In India the eFiling of the Patents is accepted at the Patent Office India.
Intellectual Property Logium provides following services for the protection of patents in India:
- Patent Search
- Patentability Advice
- Patent Applying and Filing (Provisional)
- Patent Applying and Filing (Non-Provisional)
- Response to Office Actions and Objections by the IP India
- Patent Oppositions
- Patent Infringement
- Patent Advisory and Opinion