In Pakistan any person can file an application with Intellectual Property Organisation Pakistan (IPOP) for the rectification/annulment or cancellation of the registered design on any of the following grounds:
- That the design has previously been registered in Pakistan
- That the design has been registered in any other country of the world
- The deign is not registerable under the Design Ordinance
- The design is not defined in the Design Ordinance
- The Design is not new or novel
On an application for rectification, the interested parties are notified and the application is advertised in the Official Gazette. The opponent must file a notice of opposition within 2 months of the advertisement in the Official Gazette. The opponent then needs to file a written statement stating the facts, grounds on which he relies and the relief is sought.