Copyright Ordinance 1962 is the Copyright Law in Pakistan. The statute defines copyright under its section 3 as an exclusive right for a literary, dramatic, musical or a cinematographic work to use, sell, reproduce, adopt and publish it. Copyright in Pakistan includes the following creative works:
- Literary works including Books, Computer programmes and software
- Artistic works like paintings, photographs and drawings
- Cinematographic works include movies, audio-visual works
- Record works which include sound recordings, musical works etc.
Following are the steps for Registration of Copyright in Pakistan:
- Filing of application
- Publication in newspaper (Artistic Work only)
- Opposition, if any
- Issuance of Certificate by Registrar (Registration)
Intellectual Property Logium provides services for the protection of Copyright in Pakistan.