The Trade Marks Registry was established in India in 1940 and it administers the Trade Marks Act, 1999 and the rules thereunder in India. The trademarks are registered by the Trade Marks Registry India.
The legal requirements to register a trade mark under the Trademark Act 1999 in India are:
- The selected mark should be capable of being represented graphically/In the paper form
- It should be capable of distinguishing the goods or services of one business from those of others
- It should be used or proposed to be used mark in relation to goods or services for the purpose of indicating a connection in the course of trade between the goods or services
- Some person have the right to use the mark
Any person claiming to be the proprietor of a trade mark used or proposed to be used by him may apply for registration. The application should contain the trade mark, the goods/services, name and address of applicant and agent (if any) with power of attorney , period of use of the mark and signature.
Intellectual Property Logium provides following services for the protection of Trademarks in India
- Trademark Search
- Trademark Applying and Filing
- Trademark Class issues
- Trademark Opposition and Defenses
- Response to Trademark Registry Letters
- Trademark Infringement
- Trademark Assignment and License
- Trademark Agreements and Contracts